We are extremely pleased that once again we will mention you in The Other Side and for such a good purpose. My list is full with questions but let we start with based.
Why you decide to Resume the petition „Keep the Strawberry’s house“?
I keep an eye on this house from several years I say that I discover a full history of this house. I’m in love it from the first time that i saw it.I adore it! But this is not the reason that i want to safe it from destroying!
In the 2016 this was a topic from many citizens of Sofia.
I have been observing similar topics on Internet for architectural monuments in Bulgaria for a long time, but this house is definitely one of the most discussed.
Last year, the subscription reached about 10,000 people, which pleased me a lot. The protocol came to the needed organizations and so, we are still waiting for someone to take action. We are still waiting for a solution…
Exactly for this reason I decide to renew the subscription.too much people is never enough. When one side presses more and does not give up in this actions always wins. A simple strategic. I think my decision is definitely not wrong.
The house definitely excites a lot of people from Sofia and we can not ask why the name is „House with strawberries“ where comes from?
Before years ago there was a lot of wild strawberries. Just as in my house, unfortunately, there is not much now, the forest strawberry is generally self-sacrificing and you can hardly graft it somewhere, You can meet it in forest soils.
In the beginning, you said that you know a lot about the story of the house. What exactly is the style of her architecture?
The architect who built it has studied in Vienna. It was built around 1927.
The house is more of a mix of styles that’s why is so interesting, but it definitely describes the aristocratic beauty and grace very well.
The property is then nationalized. It was a Romanian embassy, a trade representation of the USSR in Bulgaria, a headquarters of the people’s militia, the seat of the administration of various state structures.
It was declared a national monument of culture, but unfortunately it followed the fate of many beautiful houses with an obscure fortune, which had the bad luck to be built in Bulgaria.
How long are you planning the project?
Доста пъти ми е хрумвало да направя снимки там но голям проект не бях планирала, причините бяха редица тогава. Голямото планиране дойде след като разбрах че нещата не вървят на никъде.
Трудна ли беше подготовката за проекта?
Yes I thought to take pictures there. but I did not plan a big project, the reasons were a lot. Big planning came after I realized that the organizations and government do not take actions.
Was the preparation for the project difficult?
I immediately got to buy the jewels and other accessories. The busk it was bought for my b-day this year from Avangard shop.
What emotions come when you saw the house from first time live?
It was quite interesting. I was talking to my photographer before and we going out together was a sunny hot day of May, we went to the other end of San Stefano street. But a policeman directed us. As we walked, we saw a house with number 8, and I remembered telling my photographer: „Oh, my God, the next number must be the house!“
And here I stood in front of it. This house owns all majestic beauty. I would say it definitely captivates you.
How did you feels when you first stepped inside her „core“?
I’m very glad you asked me this question. The feeling was very strange at first,I approached confidently but then was anxiety.
There was an anxiety with Georgi Velev, coz this is a big project and we could not excitement.
Although We went to a foreign property.
The first time you enter the yard, it instantly rages energy leads you to the past time and seems like the time has stopped inside. I can say I’m really lucky that i get there.
The feeling when climbing the stairs of the central entrance to the door is unique to describe. Seems like you to fall into another dimension. You survival past thoughts, emotions and lots of darkness. This is so beautiful.
What exactly your photos show ?
With these photos I have to to awaken the long-lost beauty in this place to awaken people’s souls to inspire their support, to inspire their support even more!
The pictures express an aristocratic soul of past time combined with refinement emphasizing the Gothic note that actually has the house owns.
Are you worried that many people will copying you after they see your photos and dare to get into the house to shoot?
Very often it happens to me that my pictures and ideas have been copied by someone else.
Which only speaks of the person a lack of any creative thought, devoid of any inspiration and taste of things.
A person who can not invent his thought and rather prefers to steal the idea? Someone else because it’s easier. Unfortunately, things can not change …
I saw that some models like me had a lot of interest to shoot in the house after me, there will be many models who have dared to get into the house to take pictures, but I will ask you: WHY AFTER ME?
Why, since I was the first person who take over in my own hands the things you’ve been making a long-time interest but why you did not organize a campaign to collect votes or something like that.
Or the only thing you care about is your career, „pictures for your own ego“?
How long did you shot?
The pictures went well. We shot about two hours, but in a short time we did a lot of pictures and we did not stop for a break. We did everything in one breath.
Some people crossed the street and looking around,others just passed because there was a lot of grass and it was hard to see something.
Tell us more about yourself, what your job is?
Apart from Gothic, I have a lot of hobbies, write books, script, I work eight years with metal and rock singing.
I’m training a tennis court unprofessional. I work in the financial sphere but unfortunately I am not allowed to give more information about my work I dare say that for such a young person I am quite ambitious.
What are your observations about the petition and how do people accept the whole organization?
Overall, I saw that there are many people who support my idea but there were also many people who did not care. They are looking like great patriots but suddenly they say, „I am abroad“!
And what is it make you a less Bulgarian?
Why do you think that when you escaping from your country you are not bound to your culture values? Other people made it a pure envy.
Others did not like Gothic and myself, and think there was something wrong with a goth people. This is far from the true, Gothic is a worldview, the era may be outdated, and the modern people no longer cares about it, and believes that there is something Satanic in it, because they had a wrong visions and the things which everyday happens have been imposed upon and they accepts this like normal.
If you break your visions the world will become at least as easy for you as you can consider it as personal advice!
Short words about „The Tail of the Devil“ a bg movie Shot in the house…
I can say very much, the movie is a very cool but you just have to watch it!
A sequential question why you decided to include RAMMSTEIN’s „Mein Herz Brennt“ song in your slideshow? What is the best of it? Immediately ask? There is no such song like this.This is the most suitable sound for the photos. contains metal with Gothic sound.The song is so majestic it brings both sad, spooky and beautiful radiance just like the house.
And what is better from suitable title – My Heart burns /translation from German/.
What will happen if your project fail?
This is a very interesting question. Well, I can’t change the circumstances but maybe I know that I done everything and try really everything to keep this house!
Hail! Introduce yourself in depth…
– I am Ketil, guitarist in RED HARVEST. I joined RED HARVEST in 1995 and played in the band until we decided to take a break in 2009. We got an offer to play a concert in 2016, and we decided to do that concert. That was fun, and because of that we decided to play some more concert and to release some new material.
What are the news from RED HARVEST?
– Well right now we are doing promotion for the re-issue/re-master version of an album called „Hybreed“ that was originally released in 1996, we work with new music for a release in 2017 and we prepare for a concert in April. We live quite far apart, so rehearsals and activities must be well planned.
In 2016 you celebrate the 20-th anniversary of “Hybreed” and it was re-released… Tell me more about this new edition.
– We, the French late Cold Dark Matter Records wanted to do a re-release and master it with new artwork and bonus tracks. We thought it could be cool with new ears and eyes, and of course we said yes. So basically it has been freshed up and gotten a nice make over. The bonus live tracks were recorded at our first gig in ca. seven years in Bergen, Norway.
Let remind to the new generation fans some details… Where and how it was recorded?
– It was recorded in a studio in Oslo in the spring of 1996. It is recorded live. That means we all played together in the studio at the same time, no click or computers. Just additional vocals and guitars were added later. It was recorded on VHS tapes if I remember correctly. We worked with very alternative (at that time) layer structures on the songs, using loops and samples.
Tell me more about your lyrics in it? Who is their writer?
– Jimmi, the other guitarist and the singer wrote the entire album. Music and lyrics. The red line of the album is about cleansing of the soul and finding peace in nature.
Let’s return deeper in the past: RED HARVEST – what is the story behind that name?
– The first name of the band was ARCTIC THUNDER. After a few line up changes in ARCTIC THUNDER, it was also time to get a new name. The guy that played guitar before I joined the band, came up with RED HARVEST. No clue where he had it from. Many years later we have learned it is a very famous detective/crime novel with that name.
How do you describe the music style of the band?
– We play metal with Industrial/Human elements. We are very different from many other bands, so I prefer to call it something like that. It find it hard to label us.
Are you happy with your label Cold Dark Matter Records?
– Yes. It is a very energic and idealistic small label with personal dedication and devotion that I highly appreciate.
RED HARVEST split up in 2009… Is time for reunion?
– Well, we are in one way at the reunion now. But we are in no hurry and have no stress. We are back cause it is more fun now than in 2009. We stopped because we had no fun anymore and figured out that it was smart to stop before we became enemies. So we are making new music, will soon record everything and then see what happens. And we take the concerts we find cool and interesting and possible to do for us.
What is your vision upon nowadays extreme Metal scene? What is the situation in Norway? Any new bands with young members?
– I honestly have no clue, cause I don´t live in Norway anymore. But metal as we knew it in Oslo is more or less gone from what I hear. Now I guess Bergen and Kolbotn are the hot spots for Metal music.
Do you know something about Bulgarian Metal scene?
– No, sorry.
What are your personal plans for the future?
– I will work with the new Red Harvest songs and try to get all my guitars recorded during spring 2017. I will probably record some music for another industrial band play in called KP RIOT BRIGADE. It is a band with base in Florida USA. The debut album was released some weeks ago. And I have also just recorded all my guitar tracks for another band I play in called GOTHMINISTER. New release and tour for GOTHMINISTER will be October 2017.
Did I forgot to ask you something?
– Hmmm, I don´t know. Maybe you have additional questions when you read my answers.
Last words? Your message for the readers of The Other Side…
– Give the new „Hybrid“ a listen. For those of you interested in our kind of metal will probably hear that we were way ahead of many bands at that time. And I hope we can play in Bulgaria one day, cause we never did that.
Mrazek, January 2017
With courtesy of Cold Dark Matter Records
Few days before their incredible performance in Sofia, The Other Side asked some questions Alan, PRIMORDIAL‘s frontman… Read his answers without any redaction.
Interview by Mrazek, live pictures by Unholy Union ©
Hail, Alan! Introduce the members of the band in depth…
this is in our biography on the website
What are the news from PRIMORDIAL?
our last album, our 8th was released maybe 14 months ago. since then some shows and festivals and more planned for this year ahead
Tell me more about your last release „Where Greater Men Have Fallen”…
like what? was recorded in Ireland for a change…..middle of summer instead of the dead of winter.
Where and how it was recorded?
middle of Ireland…..middle of nowhere? normal way? as live as possible. no click track, no editing, no auto tune. as live as we can
Tell me more about your lyrics in it? Concept? Who is their writer?
it’s me….no overall concept. alienation, traitorous acts, sedition, martyrdom, political crisis, over coming the odds….it’s a bleak dark record for a bleak dark future
Let’s return in the past: PRIMORDIAL – what is the story behind that name?
thats also in our biography on the website, we chose it in 92. no on else had it…..kinda important
How do you describe your music style?
we don’t. metal……thats up to journalists and fans i guess
Are you happy with your label Metal Blade Records?
sure, great people. no problems. they leave us alone to do our own thing and it all works as it should.
Do you have any plans for concerts and tours?
sure. would it make any difference to list the shows that arent in your country?
Do you have any plans to make a video?
? we made two for the last album…..
You played here in 2003, what do you remember from Bulgaria?
we had a great time, new and interesting territory for us. we have learned a lot from then. you will see a more powerful band this time
Do you prepare something special for your upcoming show in Sofia?
just the same as ever. blood, sweat and no compromise. it should be a long long show also…..be prepared
What is your vision upon nowadays extreme metal scene? What is the situation in Ireland?
i dont know really anymore, i dont hang out as much as i used to. i guess there is a small kind of youthful thrash scene and then we have some great new bands like malthusian, zom, slidhr and bands like that, then the old guard like mourning beloveth and cruachan.
Do you know something about Bulgarian Metal scene?
not much really anymore, i am going to check out all the youtube links now to some of the support bands
What are your general plans for the future?
try and not die too soon…..other than that, sex, drugs and rock n roll right?
Did I forgot to ask you something?
i have no idea
Last words? Your message for the readers of The Other Side…
Courtesy of Live & Loud.
Кратко, но интересно интервю с Кай Хансен (GAMMA RAY) директно от студиото в което музикантите пребивават понастоящем. Видеото е заснето на рожденият му ден (17 януари), когато групата изсвири новият си албум пред малка група фенове, имали късмета да спечелят пропуск за това.
Концертът на GAMMA RAY и специалните им гости RHAPSODY OF FIRE, ще се състои на 27 март 2014 г. в зала „Универсиада”, град София.
Билетите за концерта се продават в мрежата на EVENTIM в цялата страна. Местата, от които могат да бъдат закупени, са магазините на Пикадили, Germanos, Technopoilis, OMV, Office 1 Superstore, Техномаркет, ESPO груп, Usit Colours, Outlet Alex, На Тъмно, Metal Heaven,Фотосинтезис, каса 3 на НДК, Дворец на културата и спорта – Варна, Пловдив – билетна каса пред общината, както и онлайн на Eventim.bg
Пропуските се продават в момента на цена от 35 лева, а при налични в деня на концерта, както и на място в залата, цената им ще е 45 лева.